Application Processing Policies and Procedures
We are an Equal Opportunity Housing Provider. We comply with the federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. We also comply with state, federal, and local fair housing laws.
Application and Fees
Please complete the application thoroughly. Failure to provide any requested information or documentation will deem the application incomplete and therefore will not be considered. Only completed applications will be processed in the order received and your place will not be held if your application is not complete. To process your application, we must receive the following:
- APPLICATION: Complete, signed, and dated for each adult (18 years and older) who will reside in the home (if assistance filling out the application is needed, please contact Frontline RPM.)
- FEE: $30.00 NON-REFUNDABLE for each applicant and co-signer, regardless of family/marital status
- IDENTIFICATION: Copy of applicant’s valid photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, state ID, passport)
- PROOF OF INCOME: Applicants name MUST SHOW on documents to be verifiable.
Acceptable Documentation of Income
1. Two months of most recent
1. Last two years of income tax statements all pages
2. Record of last two months of deposits to a personal bank account
3. Most current 2 months of bank statements all pages
1. Last two years of income tax statements
2. Record of last two months of deposits to a personal bank account
Official Job Offer Letter
1. Must be on official letterhead of employer
2. Approval dependent on verification of authenticity at the discretion of the screening company
3. Must list a start date, date the offer was issued and base income
Retired or Trust Funded Individuals
1. Show retirement accounts, pension accounts or any other account showing your withdrawals, all pages
Unacceptable Documentation of Income
1. General Rule: If it's not reported to the IRS, it is not accepted income
2. Any documentation that does not show the applicants name
3. Non-verifiable letters of employmentt
4. Self-generated reports, a cut & paste in any format, a text
5. Emails, Screenshots, or Pictures
6. Cash Receipts
7. Handwritten or typed notes
Rental Criteria to qualify
- One year of verifiable (non-family or friends) rental history or home ownership is required.
- If you've owned a home, your payment history will reflect on your credit report.
- Co-signers and/or double deposits may be considered for lack of rental history, foreclosure or short sale.
- Evictions, small claims suits and/or collections by any previous or current landlord will be cause for denial.
- Applications may also be denied for damages beyond normal wear and tear, illegal activity on premises, and/or reports of non-compliance.
- Any landlord reference that includes 3 or more late payments per calendar year, will result in a double security deposit.
- Any instance of a security deposit which was not returned due to damageof the rental unit beyond normal cleaning and/or any instance of proper Intent to Vacate Notice not being given to a landlord and/or a brokenlease, may all be cause for denial.
- Your credit score must be 600 or higher. Know your score before you apply.
- Scores below 600, can sometimes be approved with a double deposit, however, you must have excellent income and rental history.
- All information shown on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous address and place of employment.
- Applicants that have no credit rating may result in denial or require a cosigner.
- Negative or adverse debt exceeding $10,000 will result in denial of the application.
- Applicants with an open bankruptcy, however, will automatically be denied; Applicants with a bankruptcy discharged within the past 12 months may be required to pay an additional deposit or some month(s) prepaid rent.
- Credit reports supplied by applicants are not accepted.
- Families/couples must be able to prove a combined monthly income of at least THREE times the monthly rent.
- Roommates must prove their income to be at least 1.5 times the rent amount EACH.
- Additional sources of income (example: child support, SSI, etc.) can be counted as long as it is court ordered and verifiable.
- Unemployment is never considered income.
- Income guidelines may be waived at the discretion of FRPM if applicant pre-pays rent for the full term of the lease.
- Applicants may not be accepted if they have been arrested for a violent crime and/or for convictions for which less than seven (7) years have passed from sentence release date to the rental application date. Regardless of date, no applicant will be accepted with a conviction or arrest for: an act of violence (against a person or property), sex crime, burglary, criminal trespass, stalking, vandalism, arson, gang involvement or illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs. However, per Federal regulations, special accommodations may be requested for certain drug and/or alcohol related convictions.
CAUSE FOR DENIAL:
- Collection efforts filed by past landlord or property management companies.
- Any unlawful detainer action or eviction
- Incomplete or unverifiable information on rental application
- Discrepancies between rental application and verified information.
- Any rental history upon which previous landlord or management refuses to re-rent to applicant.
- Co-signer must have a credit score no less than 700, must make 4x the monthly rent and be a resident of the Pacific Northwest.
- Co-signers are only accepted to cure an income shortage or lack or rental history only, not to overcome bad credit.
- We do not accept Boise City/Ada County Housing Authority contracts.
- Required if requested at any time of the application process.
APPLICATION PROCESSING TIME:
- Applications are usually processed within 2 business days; this depends on how quickly your references respond to our inquiries. If request attempts are unsuccessful, Frontline Property Management will decline your application after 24 hours of the final request
- If your application is approved, you will have 24 hours to secure the home by signing the lease, paying the security deposit and pet fee if applicable. If the lease has not been signed or deposit paid within 24 hours of the approval/offer, Frontline Property Management reserves the right to rescind the offer and start accepting applications on the property. The security deposit must be paid using our cash pay vendor or paid online through the tenant portal. Once the lease has been signed you must start paying the rent and utilities no later than 14 days from the date that you are approved. Should you choose to not occupy the property for any reason, you will be in breach of the lease, and will be liable for damages resulting from such breach, such as loss of rent until the unit is re-rented or the completion of the Minimum Term, whichever is less, advertising and marketing costs, utility costs, yard maintenance costs, transportation costs, until the property is re-rented.
- Should you not sign the lease and decide that you do not wish to move into the property that you applied for and were accepted for – your security deposit and application fee will be non-refundable.
LEASE SIGNING AND TAKING POSSESSION OF A PROPERTY:
- The security deposit must be paid in full within 24 hours of approval of your application and acceptance of our lease offer. The 1st month’s rent will be pro-rated, and any additional deposits or fees associated with the terms of your lease must be paid through our cash pay vendor, or online via the tenant portal no later than 1 day prior to your lease start date to receive keys/possession. A copy of the renter’s insurance policy and proof of utilities transfer into your name must be submitted 3 days prior to your lease start date.
All units are non-smoking and require that smoking tenants do so at least 20 feet away from all entryways and windows.
Pet & Animal Policy:
Rental applications with and without household pets and or service/companion/assistance animals are required to submit a pet profile through a third-party pet screening company and provide photos and vaccinations records as a part of our rental application process. This applies across the board for any non-human animals that will occupy the home. The applicant will be responsible for any fees associated with the screening service; Service/companion animals are exempt.
PetScreening.com will assign a “Paw Score” that will determine your monthly pet rent and a one-time non-refundable pet fee. This score is determined using a proprietary formula that considers things like pet age, weight, breed, vaccination records, etc.
- 5 Paws - $250 pet fee, $25/mo
- 4 Paws - $300 pet fee, $30/mo
- 3 Paws - $350 pet fee, $35/mo
- 2 Paws - $400 pet fee, $40/mo
- 1 Paw - $500 pet fee, $50/mo (highest risk)
Not all properties allow pets, which is at the discretion of the property owner. Livestock animals, poisonous, dangerous, or exotic animals, and dogs that are considered "aggressive breeds' ' are prohibited. Aggressive dogs may include but are not limited to: Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Presa Canarios, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, Akitas, Wolf-hybrids, Mastiffs, Cane Corsos, Great Danes, Alaskan Malamutes, Husky or any breed of guard dog trained to attack. The foregoing applies to both purebred and any mix containing one of these breeds.Apply Now